The visa policy of Australia deals with the requirements that foreign nationals wishing to enter Australia must meet to obtain a visa, which is a permit to travel, to enter and remain in the country. Visa formats in Australia have changed over the years. Australia was possibly one of the first countries to replace ink-based stamps with more secure stick-on labels in the 1970s.
Planning a holiday to Australia with you friends and family? Be at ease, and get your Australia Visa with Musafir.com. The process is extremely simple and hassle-free. All you have to do is apply for an Australia visa at just Rs 11,499, and get your visa in 20 working days.
Documents for Australia visa application
- Original passport and old passports, if any
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of submission of the visa, with a minimum of three blank pages
- Copy of the first, last page, observation page (if any) and all used and unused pages of current passport should be notarized and submitted along with the documents. If an old passport is being submitted, then copies of all used pages have to be submitted as well.
- Confirmed return air tickets
- The following forms – Form 1419 Tourist / 54 / 956 need to filled, signed and attached to the passport
Note: For minors, parents have to sign the visa forms
- 2 recent passport-size color photographs taken against a white background with matte-finish (size 35 mm x 45 mm and 80% face close-up)
- Covering letter mentioning the details of travel, details of the traveler, purpose of visit and duration of stay addressed to the Australia High Commission, New Delhi
- Income Tax papers showing transactions for the last 3 years
- Original bank statements reflecting transactions for the last 6 months, duly attested and signed by a bank official
- Travel itinerary with proof of hotel stay with passenger name and travel dates
If the applicant is employed:
- Salary slips for the last 6 months
- Original leave letter from employer
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- Certificate of registration of the company
- Covering letter on the company letterhead and financial documents
If the applicant has a family in Australia:
- Passport & visa copies or Immigration status of the invitee
- Invitation letter
- Relationship proof
If the applicant is Student:
- Original NOC letter from school/college with ID card copy
If the applicant is intending to stay for more than 3 months:
- Chest X-Ray and medical certificate
If the applicant age is more than 75 years
- Medical requirements required from panel doctor after getting instruction from the embassy
- Download the visa form – Australia Tourist visa form | Australia Agent form
- Although this is an E-Visa, submission of physical documents is mandatory
- If the applicant’s place of collection of documents is in Mumbai, an additional courier fee of Rs 300 will be applicable. If place other than Mumbai, an additional courier fee of Rs 700 will be applicable to Australia tourist visa fees.
- Visitor visa – For people who need to come to Australia for a short duration for tourism or business purposes. They are issued for periods up to three, six or twelve months. Selected Chinese citizens can be issued ten-year visas from the end of 2016 when applying from China.
- Medical treatment – For people to have medical treatment or medical consultations, donate an organ or support the person who is having medical treatment in Australia but not to have medical treatment for surrogate motherhood.
- Student visa – For people to study full-time in a recognized education institution. This single type of visa replaced student visas with subclass numbers 570 to 576 on 1 July 2016.
- Partner, Fiancé, and Family Members visa – For family members (partners, parents or children) of Australian Permanent Residents, Citizens or eligible New Zealand Citizens. Including Provisional Partner visa and Migrant Partner visa, Fiancé, Prospective Marriage visa. Family Member visas including Child, Parent, Aged dependent relative, Remaining relative and Carrer.
Published By, Shubham Sharma